LinkedIn guide – updated in 2018! If you’re serious about taking your career to the next level, you need to be on LinkedIn®. In LinkedIn In 30 Minutes (2nd Edition), author Angela Rose will show you how to make a rock-solid LinkedIn profile and expand your network. Whether you want to find a new job on LinkedIn or advance your career, this guide can be the blueprint for a supercharged LinkedIn strategy.
- LinkedIn registration and basic profile setup
- Nine critical LinkedIn profile elements
- Six additional LinkedIn profile elements you should include
- Why keywords are so important for your LinkedIn profile
- How to improve a basic LinkedIn profile
- Real-world examples of successful LinkedIn profiles
- How to address unemployment on LinkedIn
- How to connect with other people on LinkedIn
- Crafting personalized LinkedIn invitations
- Connecting with strangers on LinkedIn
- Other ways to get noticed on LinkedIn
- Best practices for using LinkedIn’s search engine
- Participation strategies for LinkedIn Groups
- Five ways to find a job on LinkedIn
- InMail and other paid LinkedIn services
- How to turn off LinkedIn notifications
Who this book is for
The revised edition of LinkedIn In 30 Minutes is for people who are new to LinkedIn, as well as those who have created basic LinkedIn profiles and now want to take their LinkedIn efforts to the next level. While LinkedIn In 30 Minutes is not intended to be a comprehensive guide, it provides a solid foundation of LinkedIn registration basics, critical profile elements, and networking best practices that can help you land a new job or advance your career. The LinkedIn tutorial is filled with step-by-step instructions written in plain English and a touch of humor. There are lots of screenshots and LinkedIn best practices that you can use to turn an uninspiring resume or CV into a winner!
What readers are saying
“This was an excellent primer for someone like me who had a Linkedin account but didn’t really every use it except to look up people. I learned some very basic and simple things about groups, adding people, updating my profile, changing some privacy settings, etc. It was a simple read, it took me just shy of 1 hour with some practicing things as I went. … I have passed this book along to a friend who was in the same situation.” “Since reading this a week ago I have had more quality business interactions on LinkedIn than I have had in the last 2 years.” “Well written. Got to the point quickly and clearly. Quite helpful in getting my profile updated.”
About In 30 Minutes Guides
Since 2012, In 30 Minutes® guides have helped people all over the world understand complex topics, including technology, medicine, and personal finance. For more information, visit in30minutes.com. Note: LinkedIn In 30 Minutes is not affiliated with “For Dummies” books, LinkedIn, or other services or companies referenced in the guide. In 30 Minutes® is a registered trademark of publisher i30 Media Corp. All rights reserved.