– What information is essential to include in a resume?
– How do you incorporate “buzz” words to grab the reader’s attention?
– What should you do if you don’t have enough work experience?
– What are some quick, easy strategies to make your resume stand out from others?
– What is a cover letter?
– How do you get recruiters to notice you at a career fair?
All these questions and more are answered in this book. A multitude of real-world examples, effective visuals, and samples of winning resumes simplify the resume writing process. You will also learn how to write a cover letter and master a career fair to maximize your potential and get closer to landing the job of your dreams!
Resume writing is a topic that L. Xavier Cano, the author, is very passionate about. For the last decade, Cano has been coaching individuals and groups on resume writing and interviewing. He is the founder of Innovative Resume Consulting, a company geared toward providing professional development coaching to college students. His methodology combines persuasion techniques, inside knowledge from recruiters, one-on-one consulting sessions, and personal insights as a manager. Cano currently lives in Austin, Texas, with his wife María and daughter Eva Sofía.