Light Vehicle Diesel Engines, published as part of the CDX Master Automotive Technician Series, prepares students with practical, accessible information necessary for ASE A9 certification. Taking a “strategy-based diagnostic” approach, it covers how to maintain, diagnose, and repair light and medium-duty diesel engines, increasingly common in North American, Asian and European vehicles and trucks.
• Fully explains contemporary clean diesel technology, from basic combustion principles to engine design and operation to advanced topics in electronic engine controls, injection and emission systems
• Detailed coverage of the latest diesel engine technologies, such as exhaust aftertreatment systems, gas sensor technology, recirculation systems, common rail injection systems, and on-board diagnostic systems
• Focus on technology used in the newest engine models from Ford, FCA, GM, and Mercedes-Benz
• Emphasis on understanding emission systems operation and adhering to industry standards during the service and repair of diesel engines
• Forecasts future directions of diesel engines in the context of the VW scandal and new GHG emission standards
• Offers instructors an intuitive, methodical course structure and helpful support tools
• Outcome focused with clear objectives, assessments, and seamless coordination with tasksheets
Ideal for courses in light and medium duty diesel engines, engine management, or fuel systems, Light Vehicle Diesel Engines equips students with the skills to successfully maintain and repair a new generation of diesel engines.